political defense breakouts
these are the rough notes on the board from the political defense reportbacks.
- develop a collective identity for autonomous and secure servers
- use that identity to communicate with users regarding who we are and what we are about.
- get users involved, build a sense of ownership and community in our user base.
- security certification: peer review, different levels
- raise awareness of the evils of corporate providers and the importance of privacy, security, autonomous communication.
- collective response to repression which targets one of us
- external campaigns
- demonstrations in the streets
- hooking up with new and existing lobbying efforts.
- connect with existing NGOs working on civil liberties
- padding: more users means a higher profile and more people upset when there is repression.
we did not assign people to working groups, but we briefly discussed forming these groups for the duration of the conference: