Amidst the sound of tools drilling walls & grinding beams, here we are making a pause in building toilets & showers among others (a pink & black open-access space is being setup, together with a collective kitchen, a meeting space called the "dancefloor", and more), to put out the draft of an agenda. We're not done yet, but..
Maxigas and I have been going through the various content proposals, and came up with a list of discussions/presentations/whatever related to the digital struggles, tried to have it fit within the layered scheme, before merging it with other topics' contents for a first attempt at global program design (which should be available by tomorrow or some- thing).
So here's a first contents list. Have we forgotten anything (or, and Enric, would you actually feel like introducing XSF? :) ?
Infrastructure (physical layer)
- MAIN DISCUSSION: political server defense - bridging user & admin communities, etc.
- DISCUSSION: Alternative community-driven internet service providers
- PRESENTATION: SeaCCP colocation facility in Seattle (elijah)
- PRESENTATION: XarxaSenseFils, wifi ISP from Barcelona (enric)
System administration / core services (system layer)
- MAIN DISCUSSION: technical server defense - towards a common security policy? includes: Solidarity Protocols (Txopi) & Servers Global Action Ring (Txopi)
- DISCUSSION: The new threat model (NEEDED: people to introduce laws)
- DISCUSSION: Secure communication, SSL certs, certificate authorities, etc. (Alster)
- DISCUSSION: DNS autonomy (Maxigas)
- PRESENTATION: Introduction to the R*Plan (Ale, Blicero)
- PRESENTATION: Introduction to riseup.net (elijah)
- PRESENTATION: Metche (Lunar, Ricola)
Tools and applications (application layer)
- MAIN DISCUSSION: Indymedia as service to the movement?
- DISCUSSION: An activist online security policy (Alster, Loquito)
- DISCUSSION: Block device encryption for the masses (Alster)
- DISCUSSION: Indymedia CMS 2.0 (Clara)
- DISCUSSION: Dispatch system (Clara)
- DISCUSSION: Tagging and tracking, RSS into question (Clara)
- DISCUSSION: Indymedia history project (Clara)
- DISCUSSION: Anonymization (Alster)
- CHILL-OUT: Indymedia IRL
- CHILL-OUT: GnuPG keysigning party