Planning for the International Meetin in Budapest - 21-23st of April
for the invitation to the meeting : InvitBudapest
PROPOSAL OF AGENDA FOR THE MEETING IN BUDAPEST
Notify : we could start talking about the agenda after having presented the project of the conference and after having dealt with our three day logistics... we think it could allow us to be on the same basis to discuss the content of the agenda.
1-LOGISTICS IN BUDAPEST
Organisation of our "everyday life" during the three days (material and technical points) in Budapest
2-1-present collectives and persons
3- PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT OF CONFERENCE OF EUROPE AMP
Decentralised and centralised structure / thematics proposed / relations with the local issues / auto-organisation / creation of links with east and central Europe (persons and collectives)
At the end of the presentation, discussion about the following of discussion of the three days (the agenda).
- forms of discussions
FRIDAY 16-20H & SATURDAY 10-13H
4-FORMS OF ORGANISATION/ GENERAL & TECHNICAL STRUCTURES OF THE CONFERENCE
Notify : One of STAMPS' goals is to take care of distribution of tasks and refuse power relations and domination.
4-1 Information and coordination
A) Internal collective organisation of the decentralised locations Communication between the decentralised locations,
- proposal of taking a daily telephone meeting (an idea for telling France Telecom's unionist to have low or free price).
- we have thought about "chat" (internet discussion) but with the problems of efficiency and the power agreed to the “ computer specialists”
C) Communication outside
- Autonomy of decentralised locations
- Global structure about centralised meeting
4-2 Decision-making process during the conference
A) General questions
- How to transmit information between decentralised locations to centralised location?
- Structures and objectives for the centralised meeting (decisions of PGA process, return about practical activities and thematic discussions in decentralised locations)
- Problems and questions to discuss in the decentralised locations and reports in the centralised moment
- Forms of discussion about "PGA process" in centralised locations. proposal to reform the "spoke council" experimented in the conference of Belgrade
- The next "Convenor" AMP Europe.
4-3 A thematic and practical conference
Reminder of the importance of relating local issues to our thématics and building activities
- What is your interest for thematic proposed by Stamp?
- What other ideas?
- We could discuss that in smaller groups
- One of the most important financial costs
- Problem of Switzerland
- Encourage to use the cheapest means of transport
- Transport coordination on the list "PGA process"
- Transport between decentralised and centralised locations
5-3 Food (supplies and cooking structures)
- Auto-organisation in collective kitchens
- Fix and mobile structures according to the locations
- Think about the domination of English and Spanish in international networks Proposals :
- crews of persons in the different decentralised locations and in the centralised locations
- student translators
- We should think about the necesity to maximise our understanding and our will to not delegate to specialists.
- How to decrease the cost of the conference
- How much money have we yet collected and what is still to come.
- Discussion :
- modulated price or common participation?
- financing of the transport costs between decentralised and centralised locations, ways and limits of refunding of the costs according to the needs of person
6- INTERNATIONAL CONTACTS & COMMUNICATION
6-1 Links developed in Eastern and Central Europe
- Interest of persons and groups
- report of the "East caravane"
6-2 Conference invitations
- Contacts list
- How to subscribe in the conference and how "fix and play" with the “quotas”(limited number of persons) in the decentralised locations
6-3 PGA Europe and World
- exchange of knowledge about what this network is and what links between these two levels of organisation
- structures of PGA : state of the network and to make it continue (list, newsletter, infopoint, website...)
6-4 A next international meeting?
We didn't plan anything since we believe we will be late. You might add other points to the discussion. We will have to do the cleaning too and other crazy things...
SAline have proposed :
- "I think it would be useful, if we add to presentation (point 2) a summing up of the (not/poor/successful) working of the network within different european regions. E.g. I could give a summing up of the situation within germany/ what s happening on the german-speaking mailing lists. etc. I guess not all regions that are still in the process will be present on the meeting- so maybe we could try in advance to gather information about this regions.
- I think it is not good to put all the points you put to 6 "international context"/ "Communication" at the end of the meeting and in a two hour time frame (point 6). I suggest to put the points "state of the network at the global level", "links developed" and "What is this network" instead to "Presentation" in the beginning (point 2). So all the participants of the meeting have a similar understanding of the base/ the network/ the way it works.
- In points 3 "Presentation of the Project of the Conference" and 4.3 there is no mention of the global level. Your concept isn t yet clear to me/ probably it includes the following suggestion: To link themes with the local issue should also work the other way around and the "in between:" Link the local with the regional and the global and the other way around...
- To the point "Invitation for the conference" it could be probably added, how to get more people involved for the preparation of the local infrastructure for the conference/ equipment that is needed gets collected in time etc.
Probably it would also be good to make a quick summing up of the (outcome of the) meeting in Belgrade: what was good/worked at the meeting/ what not, at the beginning (point 2).