a lot of discussion with details and examples: http://stamp.poivron.org/MeetingNotes/UsersAdminsRelations
- some open questions should be followed up formally and/or informally
- intro round of (1) who we are, (2) what we want
changes are doen on the wiki: http://stamp.poivron.org/SecurityProtocolsWorkingGroup/DraftTwo
- Added general good How-To information. Including: General, and In case of fire?
Added discussion of the RiseUp hack on the home IP address
- Changed wording about secure and possible optional insecure connections
- Webmail should be clear about insecure connections too
- Hosting added a line about secure connections to web hosting
- Added section on users, security, including passwords
- a lot of time talk about different languages, and different contexts. Somehow identified them. (Examples of unusable words: "grassroot", "radical left", "democratic"). We need words that are wide enough as well as precies enough.
- discovered that language was stupid
- "Who is the we that the communique is coming from? Who it the they for whom it is?"
- Focus on the "we" more than on the "they" - We are the people with servers.
- Who could we ask to sign to the communique? Actually only groups who actually run servers. Example of Indymedia where it is totally unclear who could sign and who not, other groups are very easy to identify. Not an editorial collective from Indymedia, for examples. But full collectives would sign it, not only roots.
- The umbrella idea: servers provides services for wide ranges of differents flavours in a globally radical mouvement.
Values (brainstorming): responsability toward users to keep their information secure, our autonomous servers are working their "autonomy" as part of the movement (to get away from commercial providers), enpowering users, cooperation, mutual aid, solidarity, accessibility, freedom, transparency, privacy, ... more to think, discuss and agree with something. (and summary.
- Reflection process needed on the issue that root means power
**need to come back together and write something down and then come back.** the one sentence that seem to be the draft outcome for now will be on the wiki.
* a small group has gone off to work on the communique * unclearity about whether to do anything about talking about why the put servers where, and how to do the legal setup * koumbit.org presentation